Start Date: ASAP
At Warren Wood Primary Academy, we aim to provide a stable, nurturing environment in which children are happy, stimulated and keen to learn and develop to their full potential. We are committed to raising standards and achieving excellent outcomes for all pupils whatever their background or circumstances. Our school community is caring and friendly. The school includes a specially resourced Language Unit called The Evergreen Centre for pupils with speech and language difficulties.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and caring individual to work in the classroom under the direction of the teacher to assist/support learning with students.
You will be required to work 30 hours per week to undertake the Teaching Assistant role, and 2 hours per week as a Positive Play Worker.
D2: £17,173 - £20,541 per annum
Actual Salary: £11,406 - £13,643 per annum.
Positive Play Worker
E2: £16,394 - £16,863 per annum
Actual Salary: £725 - £746 per annum
Total Actual Salary: £12,131 – £14,389 per annum
The successful candidate requires the following qualities:
- Relevant NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification, or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
- Experience of working in a school environment including supporting students with AEN (Additional Education Needs)
- Good communication skills.
- An effective team player
- A flexible, hardworking, patient and caring individual
Preferred but not essential qualities:
- Experience of working within a specialist provision.
- Experience of supporting children with Speech and language and communication needs.
- Experience of delivering speech and language interventions
We can offer:
- Free Private Healthcare Cover
- Enthusiastic and friendly children
- A dedicated and hardworking team
- A caring and supportive school community
- A commitment to professional development
Greenacre Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.